Family Urgent Response System (FURS)
FURS is a STATEWIDE hotline for current and former foster youth and their caregivers that can be accessed 24/7, 365 days a year via phone, text chat, and can also include in-person support!
The staff who maintain the hotline connect youth and caregivers to local mobile response teams (Seneca Sonoma County staff) that are comprised of trained mental health professionals who are available to provide face-to-face, trauma informed support during crisis and urgent situations.
- Local mobile response support with COVID-19 precautions in place.
- Personalized support and stabilization are provided at the hotline and local level.
- Families can receive up to 14 days of aftercare support and follow-up like community resourcing and safety planning
How FURS Helps and Why It’s Important:
- It provides current and former foster youth and their caregivers with immediate, trauma-informed support when they need it.
- Prevents placement moves.
- Preserves the relationship between the child or youth and their caregiver.
- Provides a trauma-informed alternative for families who previously resorted to calling 911 or law enforcement.
- Reduces hospitalizations, law enforcement contacts, and placement in out-of-home facilities.
- Promotes healing as a family.
- Improves retention of current foster caregivers.
- Promotes stability for youth in foster care, including youth in extended foster care.