English Learner Program
The English Learner (EL) Program ensures that limited-English-proficient students, also called Multilingual Learners, attain English proficiency and meet the same challenging academic content and achievement standards that other students are expected to meet.
District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC)
DELAC is an important advisory committee of parents of Multilingual Learners (ML) from the four Bellevue Union School District elementary schools. The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) meets multiple times per year with district administrators and staff to learn about, discuss and provide input on topics related to English Learners, such as:
- Multilingual Learners’ achievement
- English Language Proficiency Assessment for California (ELPAC) testing and reclassification criteria
- District programs and services
- The importance of school attendance
- District's Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Parent education classes and involvement
- The annual Multilingual Learner parent survey and needs assessment
All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend our DELAC meetings to learn about our programs and services to support our Multilingual Learners. Meeting flyers and agendas are posted prior to the meeting.
All DELAC meetings, including subcommittees, are required by law to be open to the public. Meeting agendas must be posted in a public place a minimum of 72 hours in advance.
What parents can do at home to help?
Please read with your children at home and have them read to you too. Tell your children that is important and fun to read. Talk about what you read. Let them see you reading newspapers, magazines, and books.
¿Cómo pueden los padres ayudar en casa?
Por favor, leer con sus hijos en casa y hacer que le lea a usted también. Dígale a sus hijos que es importante y divertido de leer. Que vean que la lectura de periódicos, revistas y libros.
Parent Resources/ Recursos para padres
- CA ELA/ELD Frameworks (English Language Arts/English Language Development)
- CDE English Learners Page
- Parent Guides for Students in English Language Arts
- English Learner Family Toolkit
- Juego herramientas para la familia de aprendices de ingles
- First 5 not just for the first five years of life....