Department of Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
The Department of Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment oversees the instructional program offered to all students, including student assessment.
- English Language Arts: TK - Happily Ever After, TK Dual Immersion - Frog Street PreK, K Dual Immersion - McGraw-Hill Maravillas, Estrellitas, K-6 McGraw-Hill Wonders, 4-6 ELA Core Replacement Course - National Geographic Inside, SDC - Voyager Passport, 7-12 Accelerate Education
- Math: TK-5 McGraw-Hill My Math, Grade 6 - Glencoe/McGraw-Hill CA Math
- History/Social Science: K-6 MacMillan/McGraw Hill California Vistas
- Science: K-6 MacMillan/McGraw Hill California Science
The BUSD assessment system includes a variety of diagnostic and progress monitoring tests given throughout the school year in all classrooms to assess students' literacy and mathematics skills. Assessments include:
- RenLearn Star360 Early Literacy, Reading, and Math
- Hasbrouck & Tindal's Phonics Survey
- Hasbrouck & Tindal's Oral Reading Fluency Assessment
- A district genre writing assessment is also administered
- CAASPP interim assessments are also administered to 3rd-6th grade students in the fall and winter trimesters to monitor students' progress and diagnose areas of need.
- CAASPP summative assessments are administered to 3rd-6th grade students in the spring trimester.