Our History, Our Today, Our Future
The Bellevue Union School District has been a pioneer for quality education since the Todd Road School opened in 1856. The current Bellevue Union School District was established in 1919 when the following districts voted to form the union: Hearn, Steuben, Todd, and Wilfred. Currently, there are approximately 1,700 students attending Bellevue Union School District, and it is one of the largest elementary school districts in Sonoma County.
Today Bellevue Union School District is going through an exciting period of growth and educational development. We adopted a new Common Core English Language Arts curriculum for the 2013-14 school year, a new Mathematics curriculum in 2014-15, a Dual Immersion Program, reinvigorated GATE Program, the BUSD Early Learning Center (ELC), and new preschools for fall 2016. Our technology infrastructure is keeping abreast of California Common Core requirements with Chromebooks and iPads district wide. Our 3-6 grade are learning in a 1:1 environment, with a goal to have one device per student. Chorus is available to 3rd-6th grade students after school at all sites and ArtAttack is being incorporated into classrooms.
In 2015 we started some major modernization and improvements our school sites and in Spring 2016 we began the awaited retrofit of our Kawana campus and construction of the ELC site on Moraga Drive. Affordable after school care is available at Meadow View and Taylor Mountain school sites and school libraries are open a half hour before school starts for early arrivals.
BUSD continues to offer:
- Literacy paraeducators
- Credentialed PE Teachers for all students
- Positive behavior program PBIS/BEST
- Bilingual parent liaison
- Transitional kindergarten (also called bridge or two year kindergarten)
- 1:1 Chromebooks for all students in grades 3-6
- 1:2 Chromebooks for all students grades K-2
- Access to iPads and Chromebooks for K-2
- Visual and Performing Arts (chorus and strings) and GATE programs
- Meals cooked on site by school chefs (Meadow View, Bellevue & Taylor Mountain)
- Dual Immersion strand at Kawana Springs
Follow Bellevue Union School District on Facebook to see what we're up to today!