Our History, Our Today, Our Future
Mission: Inspire Learning
Vision: Engaging & valuing/caring our students, families & staff.
The current Bellevue Union School District was established in 1949 when the Hearn (est.1867), Steuben (est.1864), Todd (est.1856 - also known as the Valley View School), and Wilfred (est.1913) school districts voted to form one Union School District (link to some history) Currently, there are approximately 1,600 students attending Bellevue Union School District, and it is, geographically, one of the larger elementary school districts in Sonoma County.
Bellevue Union School District has been going through an exciting period of growth and educational development. Our technology infrastructure is keeping abreast of California Common Core requirements with Chromebooks and iPads district wide. Our students are learning in a 1:1 environment. For students enrolled in the Bellevue Union School District we offer free after-school violin for 5th & 6th graders, chorus for 3-6th graders in the fall and kinder-2nd joining in the spring, and piano for all students.
In 2015 we started some major modernization and improvements our school sites and summer of 2022 we started the long awaited modernization of the cafeteria/mulit-purpose room at Kawana. Free after school care is available at our school sites, and schools are open a half hour before school starts for early arrivals.
BUSD continues to offer:
- Literacy paraeducators
- Credentialed PE Teachers for all students
- Positive behavior program PBIS/BEST
- Bilingual parent liaison
- Transitional kindergarten (also called bridge or two year kindergarten for all students ready and turning 4 years old on or before September 1)
- 1:1 Chromebooks for all students in grades 1-6
- Access to iPads for K
- Visual and Performing Arts (chorus and strings) and GATE programs
- Meals cooked on site by school chefs (Meadow View, Bellevue & Taylor Mountain)
- Dual Immersion at Kawana Springs
We believe public education is the most important societal mechanism by which our community creates enduring social and economic capital. No one can take away what you have learned.
Follow Bellevue Union School District on Facebook to see what we're up to today!